Car Cover Fabrics
Ultra'tect was developed from the need for a cover that would retain it's color and strength during extended outdoor exposure, while providing a high degree of water resistance and UV protection at a reasonable price. Ultra'tect is made from solution-dyed WeatherMax® SL fabric with the following features and benefits:
- Fade Resistant - The color is added to the polymer be it is extruded into yarn form for maximum fade resistance. (each fiber is a solid color, NOT surfaced dyed.)
- Superior Shape Retention - Fabrics are resistant to sagging because the fibers are designed to have minimal stretch.
- Strong - Using double 150 denier yarns in both the machine and cross direction (2/150's MD & CD) helps provide higher strength and better water resistance than using single 300 denier yarns.
- Luxurious "Hand" - The weave gives Ultra'tect covers more durability and dimensional stability with a luxurious hand or "feel".
- Water Resistant - A highly water-repellent HydroMax finish on BOTH sides of the fabric helps protect against rain, while maintaining the fabric's breathability.
- Excellent UV Protection - Ideal for applications that are subject to prolonged sun exposure and extreme elements.
- Easy to Use - Ultra'tect's fabric weight is "just right" for everyday use...heavy enough to stay in place and light enough to easily handle on a day-to-day basis.
- Easy to Clean - Most mid-size vehicle covers can be cleaned in a home washer and dryer.